Few spoons of yogurt every day, keep obesity and excess weight away!
So are you worried about the extra weight and badly want to get rid of those extra pounds?
Well, yogurt might be one of the best things you can try. It is one of the best natural ways to speed up your fat-burning process and trim that belly fat.
As a delicacy, yogurt does not just satisfy your taste and heart, it also stimulates the burning of unwanted fats that you badly want to get rid of. Thus, it acts as a great aid for weight loss.
How yogurt can help you lose weight
- The fat burner
You might not be aware but yogurt is great for fat-burning. Repeated studies show that adding yogurt to your daily diet may catalyze the burning of fats in your body. This directly facilitates the weight-loss chain.
Some studies show that overweight people consuming yogurt thrice a day for three months showed a tendency of 20 percent or more weight reduction and 50 percent of more loss of body fat when compared to the other three-month cycle, with the same diet.
- The probiotic effect
Yogurt is a great source of probiotics that contain bacteria that are very helpful in weight control. These probiotics also aid our digestive system which, in turn, facilitates the smooth functioning of the body. This controls any untoward body changes that may often lead to increased weight.
- Essential nutrients contained
Yogurt has a good amount of protein content stacked inside it. Thus, its consumption will give a cushion to your appetite.
Yogurt can ensure that you feel less hungry and consequently eat less. This will automatically facilitate weight loss in your body. Another important role of yogurt is that it adds fiber to our diet. This fiber reduces the chances of obesity.
- The calcium factor
Yogurt which we take is rich in calcium. Many studies bring forth the fact that calcium intake improves our metabolic functions and helps in the burning of fats. The regular consumption of calcium builds muscles, trims the fat and even flattens out abs.
Thus, yogurt may be one of the perfect dietary additions to look thinner, fitter and ultimately younger. This is the reason that people all around the world recommend yogurt as one of the go-to items for weight loss.
- High nutrition; low calories
Yogurt is a protein and vitamin-rich food, high on nutrition and low on calories. It can be consumed at any time of the day from breakfast to evening snack. It gives you a filling effect and, thus, reduces the feeling of hunger. That way yogurt goes with the saying, less is more.
You don’t require eating more and, at the same time, the body does not compromise on the necessary nutritional intake.
Having discussed the overall benefits of yogurt, here are the few tips to keep in mind before you choose the healthiest yogurt to boost your weight loss.
Choosing the best yogurt for weight loss
- Read the ingredients; you should always go for the yogurt that is low on sugar, artificial sweeteners, unnecessary preservatives and flavors
- Choose yogurt that is low on fat and has moderate protein. It will have double the benefits of helping weight loss and building the body muscle
- If you like plain yogurt without any flavor, it is the best yogurt for weight loss. However, if you want to go with flavors then choose a fruit flavor which is generally less sugary
- Prefer Greek yogurt over regular yogurt as it is better to boost weight loss and stimulate fat burning in our body
- Try picking a yogurt variety made from non-GMO milk. It may cost a little more but will have more overall health benefits.
The healthiest yogurts on the market
This is one of the highly-rated yogurts available in the market. Manufactured by Chobani, which is currently one of the topmost Greek yogurt brands, the non-fat yogurt scores well in terms of healthy ingredients.
Unlike most of its rivals, this yogurt does not contain artificial flavours, sweeteners or preservatives. It is gluten-free, great in taste and quite affordable in terms of price.
You can eat it during breakfast or even as a snack. The yogurt comes in various fruit flavors, high in protein and rich in taste.
Most importantly, the company claims with authority that none of the ingredients it uses in the products are genetically modified. Thus, Chobani can be rated as one of the healthiest yogurts available in the market currently.
Maple Hill is a very popular yogurt brand that is widely trusted among consumers. The brand tries to stick to the natural ingredients adding to no added colors or antibiotics or GMOs.
No additives are used and still, the yogurt gives a fresh and creamy taste at a very low cost.
You can get a refreshing feeling after having this yogurt and its regular consumption may also set your metabolic engine active and burn those unwanted fats in the body.
The yogurt is 100% grass-fed and organic. It comes in many fruit flavors, all of them being healthy and tasty. It should be one of your go-to choices in case you want to add yogurt to your daily diet. Try it for a month and notice your metabolism getting better and belly getting trimmer.
Another fresh, creamy, thick and richly flavored brand of yogurt which would suit both your health as well as taste.
The yogurt is not altered with artificial flavours or sweeteners but only contains natural ingredients and still scores high on taste.
You can consume it as it is or along with honey, strawberries or blueberries. The yogurt is gluten-free, lower on calories and thus tailor-made for people looking to lose those extra pounds and achieve their fitness goals.
Fage tastes like an original Greek yogurt. It is very creamy, thick and does not leave much of the after taste in your mouth.
Thick, creamy and delicious Siggi’s yogurt is so smooth that you can feel it melting the moment it touches your tongue. This Icelandic style yogurt tastes fresh and is rich in flavor.
It has a minimal amount of sugar contained as compared to the rival brands. Siggi thus scores very high upon people who want to have a low calories diet and reduce their weight. It can be consumed with fresh fruit too.
However, the yogurt may taste flavored for some, thus leaving an after-taste in the mouth. But overall, Siggi’s non-fat yogurt scores high on taste and ingredients. It is thus one of the best yogurts available in the market.
No fat, no artificial sweeteners, and no added sugar but just fresh natural flavor. This is what The Triple Zero In Dannon Oikos Yogurt stands for.
It is very high on protein, a great source of fiber and the taste is so natural.
The yogurt will keep you full and thus help to cut the carb intake. This could facilitate your weight loss even without making too much effort.
Which type of yogurt is best for weight loss
Greek or regular yogurt?
If you are a regular customer visiting a grocery store to buy your favorite yogurt, you must often face the dilemma of choosing between Greek and regular yogurt. Even some people get confused about whether the ingredients are the same or different.
Both Greek and regular yogurt are made with milk and with almost the same preparation process which is the fermentation of milk with a type of bacteria.
However, once the regular yogurt is formed, it is then further stained and the liquid whey is removed. The left-behind yogurt which is thicker in texture than the regular one is called Greek yogurt.
But it is not just the process which is a little bit advanced in the case of Greek yogurt. There is a difference in ingredients too as well as the benefits:
- Protein and Fat; Greek yogurt has almost double the amount of protein and around thrice the amount of saturated fat as compared to regular yogurt.
- Sodium and Carbs; this is where Greek yogurt scores well, containing almost 50% of the Sodium and Carbs as compared to regular yogurt.
- Greek yogurt has less sugar and is thus considered to be healthier than regular yogurt.
- Greek yogurt contains probiotics thus aiding in our digestion. It is also easier to digest for lactose sensitive people compared to regular yogurt.
- People choose Greek yogurt over regular yogurt as it has some added health benefits like lowering blood pressure, preventing diabetes.
Thus, both of them have benefits when you need to make a choice, we recommend going for a non-fat and low on sugar Greek yogurt.
Another common point of confusion among people is about organic or home-prepared yogurt which is generally known as curd in some parts of the world and the non-organic fermented yogurt.
Organic yogurt or non-organic yogurt?
- Organic yogurt is simply prepared by boiling milk and then adding some acidic substances like vinegar or lemon to that milk when it is hot. Some people prefer to mix a spoon of curd itself to initiate the process. This process generally involves a domestic acidulation and keeping that mixture for 6-8 hours so it gets naturally prepared.
- The fermentation process is more or less the same but in nonorganic yogurt, two specific types of bacteria or bacterial cultures are used. These are lactobacillus bulgaris and streptococcus thermophilus.
Generally, there are conflicting opinions about the pros and cons of both varieties.
However, people advise non-fat and non-sugary yogurt over traditional curd for weight loss. This is because yogurt may score high on nutritional content. Also, in the case of yogurt made with a standardized addition of bacteria, the good bacteria reach the intestine, which may or may not be the case in curd.
So this is all we have for you in this article regarding yogurt and its weight loss benefits. We hope that you find it informative and useful. Do try a good quality yogurt as a regular part of your dietary intake and we hope you will see the benefits of weight loss and slim look in a few weeks.