This easy pizza crust will rival anything that you have ever tasted! For this recipe, use the sourdough starter, which has been fed at least three times about 6 to 12 hours apart before adding it to the recipe.
- 1–1/4 to 1-3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups of fresh sourdough starter
- 4 to 5 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Take the fresh sourdough starter in a large bowl. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and all-purpose flour. Add the flour in smaller quantities and keep mixing continuously to form a soft dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl and close the lid. Allow it to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough gently to form a flat and circular base. You can also divide the dough into 2 or more smaller balls if you want a smaller-sized pizza.
- Sprinkle flour on the dough and the work area to prevent it from sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 or 500°F.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet and bake it for 7 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven. Brush the remaining oil on the crust so that the toppings do not get soaked into the crust making it soggy.
- Add the toppings of your choice except for the cheese and place the crust back into the oven. Continue baking it until the crust turns light brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and add grated cheese. Place it back into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.