- 2 quarts of purified water, chlorine free, (spring or distilled water), sterilize your glass container with hot water before using
- 4–6 Black tea bags
- 1 cup of white sugar, organic is preferred
- SCOBY colony
- 1–2 cups of fermented Kombucha
- Use a pot or tea kettle to boil 4 cups (1 liter) of purified water.
- Add your tea bags to pot or pour boiling water over tea bags to brew in a brewing vessel.
- Steep your tea for 7 to 15 minutes, after steeping removes the tea bags.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add 2 quarts (2 liters) of purified water to your brew container, and then add hot brewed tea.
NOTE: leave space at the top of the container to add your starter liquid and SCOBY culture plus a 1-2 inch breathing room.
- Check to make sure tea is Body Temperature, Use a clean finger to check.
- When the temperature is good, add your starter liquid and your SCOBY.
- Cover the top with cloth or white coffee filter, rubber band top to a close fit.
- Now you can send out loving vibes, blessings or commune with your culture.Place the container in a warm, ventilated area, out of direct sun, for 5-14 days (this depends on your taste preference). 75-85 degrees F, (24-28 C) is best.
- After 5 days, taste your Kombucha with a straw by going beneath the SCOBY culture. If too sweet try brewing it a few more days. Check it daily for your preference in taste.
- Set aside your SCOBY and 1-2 cups of starter liquid for your next brew.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes