Being allergic or hypersensitive to Gluten can keep you from enjoying several dishes, but not a sourdough bread. You can still eat bread by using a sourdough starter for baking. You just need to replace some ingredients with the Gluten-free options.
- Gluten-free flour such as brown rice flour, white rice flour, sorghum flour, or a gluten-free all-purpose blend.
- Combine half a cup of gluten-free flour of your choice and half a cup of water in a large bowl.
- Whisk until it forms a smooth mixture. Cover with a breathable lid.
- Place the bowl in a warm area. Wait for about 12 to 24 hours.
- Feed the contents with the same flour you used every 12 or 24 hours by adding half a cup of flour and half a cup of water. Mix the contents well each time you feed it and cover it again with the lid.
- Continue the feeding process for 8 to 10 days.
You can use the Gluten-free sourdough starter, thus prepared, immediately or store it for future use.