You can prepare Sourdough pancakes for breakfast or evening snacks. The unique texture and flavors of Sourdough Starter would make the pancakes yummier and more palatable for your taste buds.
For the sponge:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 cup of buttermilk
For the batter:
- 1 or 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- If you want to prepare pancakes for breakfast, add the sourdough starter, flour, buttermilk, and caster sugar in a large bowl and mix well the previous night. Cover the bowl with a muslin cloth and allow it to rest at room temperature to form a sponge.
- When you are ready to bake, melt the butter in a microwave.
- Break the eggs in a glass bowl and add to it the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the contents to the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Then, add the sponge, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine to form the batter.
- Heat the pancake griddle over medium heat. Pour a ladleful of batter onto the pan.
- Allow it to cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Once bubbles form at the center of the pancake, flip it.
- Continue to cook for 1 or 2 minutes until the pancake appears golden.
- Remove the pancake from the heat gently.
- Repeat the steps from 6 to 9 to cook more pancakes, one at a time.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with blueberry, maple, or raspberry syrup.