When you bite on a biscuit, that sound of crunch is the first one to please your senses. It can provide you an ilk of the taste, texture, and flavor you are going to enjoy soon.
Check out this easy recipe that you can try to make sure your Sourdough Biscuits have a rich texture and the crunch you are looking for.
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sourdough starter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or butter, preferably cold
- 1⁄4th teaspoon salt
- Add flour, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter or margarine and mix well. Add sourdough starter and gently whip the contents until a soft dough is formed.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured workplace or board. Knead it again a few times, until the dough becomes soft and feels fluffy. It will ensure the flour is mixed well with the other ingredients.
- Pat or roll the dough into a 3/4″ of a flat, round base. Cut out biscuits through the dough using a sharp-rimmed bowl. Choose the bowl keeping in mind the size you would like your Sourdough Biscuits to have. Usually, the dough rises to double its pre-baking size once it is fully baked. So, if you want the Sourdough Biscuits to be around 2 inches in diameter, choose a bowl that has one inch of upper diameter.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the cut-out rounds of dough on a baking sheet.
- Place it in the oven and bake at 425°F for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly brown.