Get your morning started with fluffy sourdough pancakes. Use excess sourdough starter to make delicious breakfast and enjoy it with your favorite toppings and a cup of tea or coffee.
What is your favorite sourdough pancakes topping?Print
Sourdough pancakes are perfect for breakfast.
For overnight sponge:
- 1 cup of sourdough starter
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
For the batter:
- 1 large egg (or 2 small eggs)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In the mixing bowl add sourdough starter, buttermilk, flour and caster sugar then stir to combine. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave it to rest overnight at room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, firstly melt the butter in the microwave. In the glass bowl break the egg then add melted butter and the vanilla extract, and whisk to combine.
- Add the sponge then add salt and the baking soda, whisk to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or pancake griddle over medium heat. Pour ladleful of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form in the center of the pancake. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancake is golden.
- Continue cooking pancakes, one at a time.
- Serve your pancakes immediately with maple, blueberry or raspberry syrup, or your own favorite toppings.
Equipment: 2 mixing bowls, tea towel, ladle and non-stick frying pan or pancake griddle.
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Sodium: 69 mg
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 0 grams
- Cholesterol: 62 mg