A food grinder is an irreplaceable part of the kitchen. Helping us in grinding and mincing a range of food items – think of meat, vegetables, fish, and more – a food grinder performs a range of tasks. This is why it is necessary to have one.
Once you are out in the market looking for the best food grinders, you will be spoilt for options. In this article, we will explore the best food grinders for your kitchen. We will also discuss the factors to keep in mind while buying a food grinder.
What to Look for When Buying a Food Grinder
- Food grinder features
It is imperative to thoroughly check the features of the grinder before making a purchase. It is also crucial to check the add-ons provided by the product. Some of the features to look for in the product include the grinding plates, pasta and noodles plate, covered blades and sausage accessories.
- Grinder capacity
The capacity of the grinder you want to buy depends on how you want to use it. For example, if you are looking for commercial use, then it is always recommended to buy a grinder of high capacity. The grinding ability relies heavily on the mortar which is why checking the power availability and cooling capability would be ideal.
Depending on the purpose of use, the size of the grinder should be selected. If you are to use it in your kitchen, it should be a smaller version unlike the ones used for commercial use.
- Type of grinders
We have two types of grinders available in the market: manual and electrical. If you are planning to buy the latter, checking the horsepower on the grinder would be a good idea.
Lastly, look for the right product at the right price. If you want to use it in the kitchen, then overspending on it is not recommended. Usually, these products come at competitive prices which is always beneficial for the customers.
The Best Food Grinders
1. Hamilton Beach Mini 3-Cup Food Processor
This is an easy to assemble product with attractive features. It is simple to use and helps users speed up the cooking process. The grinder has a compact structure and helps it fit right into any kitchen with ease.
- Versatile: apart from the standard mincing and cutting activities, this product can also be used to puree sauces and baby food.
- Easy to clean: The parts of the grinder are dishwasher-friendly which only helps them to clean effortlessly.
- Oil dispenser: the product has a built-in oil dispenser which enables the users to add liquid while processing.
- Easy to assemble.
- Powerful 350W motor
- Sometimes blends instead of chopping.
2. Food Mill FLOTTE LOTTE
The next one on the list is a manual grinder but it works as good as any electrical grinder. It is also easy to clean and is dishwasher-friendly.
- Pulp scrapper: this component of the grinder makes sure that there is no build-up of pulp. Moreover, it also nullifies any requirement to scrape the bottom of the food mill.
- Vertical plates: the vertical plates ensure to keep the food in place; it helps make purees.
- 3mm strainer disc
- 2mm grating disc
- Patented mechanic scrapper
- Difficult assembly.
3. Black Decker Food Chopper
This food grinder is capable of handling ingredients for large recipes. It can effortlessly chop through items like chocolates, herbs, and vegetables among other things. Moreover, the various parts of the product are dishwasher friendly which speeds up the clean-up process.
- Stainless Steel Blades: the Bi-level stainless steel blades are known to chop through food items efficiently and also provide long-lasting performance.
- Motor: the 70W motor gives the grinder the right amount of power for mincing, slicing and chopping a wide range of ingredients.
- One-touch pulse control
- Oil holes
- 3 cup capacity
- Lid lock design.
4. OXO Good Grips Food Mill
This is the product to look for if you want to prepare fresh soups, salads, sauces, and purees. The compact grinder has foldable legs which makes it easy for storage.
- Inner Bowls: the stainless inner bowls are the right equipment for warm food and also prevents any kind of staining.
- Stainless steel grinding disc: the product comes with 3 types of grinding discs which are meant for different textures including fine, medium and coarse.
- Easy disassembly: the grinder has a spring-loaded lever which allows easy disc exchanges.
- 3 non-slip legs
- Around 2.3-quart capacity
- Leg fold for better storage
- Black and grey liquid.
5. Cuisinart Pro Custom Food Processor
This product has a unique kneading and chopping cover along with a large feeding tube that sets it apart. In addition, the product comes with an industrial-grade motor.
- Chopping equipment: the grinder is equipped with a shredding disc, 2 slicing discs, spatula and powerful chopping blading which makes it perfect to slice, chop and cut a lot of ingredients.
- Feed tube: this product comes with a large feed tube that can be used to slice large fruits and vegetables as well as 11 work bowls.
- 5-year motor warranty
- Heavy and rubber feet
- Soft plastic lid design.
6. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Food Processor
This small powerhouse uses 250W to process and grind ingredients with finesse. This product is ideal for small food preparation for its size.
- Multipurpose: with the auto-reversing smart blade, this food processor can turn from grinding to chopping in an instant.
- Technology and cleanliness: the product has touchpad controls that negate any manual efforts and make the product easy to use.
- Work bowls: This grinder comes with a 3 cup plastic work bowl. It is also dishwasher friendly which helps in the clean-up process.
- Reversible stainless steel blade
- Work bowl with handle
- Lightweight body
- Grinder base design.
7. Kitchen Basics Meat and Vegetable Grinder
The last one of the list is capable of grinding meat and vegetables alike with its sharp blades. It has 2 stainless screens which are capable of coarse and fine mincing. The product is easy to use and clean, given the parts are dishwasher friendly.
- Sausage Funnel: this grinder comes with a sausage funnel that will help you create healthy homemade sausage with ease.
- Homemade Pasta: in addition, with the help of this product, the users can make 2 types of pasta – spaghetti and rigatoni.
- 2 stainless steel screens
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy assembly
- Need better suctions.
Each food grinder has its own list of features, pros, and cons. It is best to compare all of these in order to choose the right one for your purpose. Every kitchen is unique and thus each grinder should be customized to the needs of that kitchen.