There are a lot of kitchen products we use in our day to day life but none more important than the oven mitts. They are the silent protector of the kitchens and these cooking gloves protect our hands from burns while holding hot utensils.
There are a lot of hot items in the kitchen including hot trays, oven racks but thanks to the cooking gloves, we can move these items with relative ease and comfort.
So, what makes a pair of oven mitts the best? And what are the best picks? Let’s find out this and more in this article.
The Best Oven Mitts
1. Homwe Extra Long Silicone Oven Mitts
These long silicone oven mitts are what you need to make sure that you don’t drop your pan anymore. These products are non-toxic which means that they are totally safe to use with no chance of any harm from chemicals. Moreover, unlike a lot of products, they are waterproof which takes charge of cleanliness without any hassle.
- Heat resistant: The potholder is heat resistant and can withstand temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also useful for outside grills. It protects your forearms from sustaining burns due to flare-ups.
- Length: These cooking gloves are longer than most of the products at 14.7 inches to give ample protection to your fingers. In addition, it gives protection to your wrists as well.
- Slip-resistant grip: These hot pads are known for being flexible and stable because of their non-skid and textured palm.
- Cotton lining for better comfort
- Steam resistant
- Machine washable and stain resistant
- It can be too large for some people
2. Ove Glove HH501
Unlike many cooking gloves, this product allows you to use all 5 of your fingers. It lets you decide whether you want to wear it on the left hand or at your convenience. You can use these potholders in barbecues, kitchens and any hot utensils, which makes them versatile.
- High Temperature: You can touch or hold utensils which are as hot as 540 degrees F with these mitts without getting your fingers burnt. This is all thanks to the material used for making the product, kevlar.
- Flexibility: As these oven mitts allow you to use all your fingers, they provide much-needed mobility.
- Multipurpose: Apart from being used in barbecues and kitchens, you can use them to change light bulbs, repair cars, welding and rearrange fireplace logs.
- Good flame and heat protection
- A little too thick for use sometimes
3. Gorilla Grip Silicone Oven Mitts
These cooking gloves are durable and are known for their quality. The silicone material of the gloves provides them with a firm and non-slip grip to hold onto hot utensils with ease. These gloves can be used to broil, grill or bake, for both indoor and outdoor cooking.
- Safe: The material used for making these gloves is BPA-free silicone which makes these gloves non-toxic and safe.
- Length: With a coverage of 12.5 inches, these mitts do make sure that your hands are protected from any burns or flares.
- Heat resistant: these cooking gloves enable us to hold onto utensils which are as hot as 484 degrees F
- Water-resistant mitts
- Has a 10-year guarantee
- 100% cotton lining
- Cumbersome to operate with
4. Oven Mitts Quilted Cotton Lining
This oven mitt is made for comfort since it is 100% quilted. It has a flame retardant coating to ensure that you don’t burn your hands or fingers while taking hot utensils out. The total length of the mitt goes to 16 inches, giving a lot of coverage and protection.
- High temperature: These cooking mitts can be useful for holding utensils with temperatures as high as 425 degrees F.
- Fire retardant: The mitts are tested for fire-retardant properties. They are ideal for accidental contacts and unintentional touches with flames up to 10 seconds.
- Flexible: The potholder is designed to be flexible; it can be used for a variety of work with ease. The cotton material has a soft feel to it which gives the users good comfort.
- Multipurpose and versatile
- 10 seconds flame resistance
- 16 inches oven mitt
- Spot cleaning and no machine wash
5. Oven Mitt Pot Holders
This strong and durable pair of cooking gloves will keep your hands protected at all times. The material of the product makes them comfortable and they are easy to wash as well. Moreover, the silicone mitt gives it a slip-resistant grip.
- Long oven mitts: These mitts have a length of 13.5 inches and a width of 5.5 inches, ensuring good coverage and ample protection of the arms as well.
- Resistance to heat and water: They can protect your hands at temperatures up to 485 degrees F. They are also water-resistant, meaning they will protect your palms against boiling water which cannot seep through these mitts.
- Quality: The cooking gloves are made of high-grade silicone which is FDA approved to ensure safety for the whole family.
- BPA Free
- Soft inner lining
- Firm grips
6. Grill Armor Oven Gloves
Made to withstand extreme temperatures, these are the right mitts if you want to use hot utensils, including grills. Grill Armor Oven Gloves is a set of certified grill and oven gloves. Given the temperature resistance, these gloves provide adequate heat protection from unwanted burns and heat.
- All in one gloves: These are multi-tasking gloves and are known to provide support to the users who are working on barbecues, grills, and ovens. This is the reason it is loved by amateur and professional cooks alike.
- Extreme Temperatures: When we said it can withstand high temperature, we meant up to 932 degrees F. This is why you can use these cooking gloves for the hottest items in the room, both indoor and outdoor.
- Flexible gloves: The insulated P-ARAMID and M-ARAMID fabrics give the gloves the five finger flexibility which makes it thick, yet light.
- Silicone anti-slip grip
- Machine wash
- Has a handy hook
- Small finger size
7. OUUO Oven Mitts
These are one-of-a-kind elastic and lightweight potholders that are available in the market. These mitts are ideal for barbecues as well as kitchen work. The uniqueness of the gloves is that both the surface, front and back are resistant to heat, thanks to the environmental silicone used to make them.
- Comfort: The finger flex design of the gloves ensures flexibility which makes it useful for a range of tasks, including being a potholder. You can even hold the handle of a hot pan wearing these gloves.
- Fabric: The outside layer of the gloves are made of high-quality ARAMID fiber composites, which means they will not catch fire even if they are exposed to flame.
- Coverage: The cooking gloves cover our palms till the wrist. Moreover, it has a resistance up to 932 degrees F.
- 100% interior cotton layer
- Easy to clean
- Slip-resistant grip
- Fitting issues
8. IXO Oven Mitts and Pot Holders
These are one-in-all oven mitts where there are separate pairs of mitts for ovens, pot holders and 2 towels. This makes them versatile as you can use them all over the house for a variety of things. In addition, these oven mitts are durable and sturdy which means they can withstand wear and tear.
- Mitt material: Made of breathable fabric, the user will always be comfortable wearing them. It is made of good quality cotton mixed with silicone and polyester to provide flexibility and required protection.
- Maximum coverage: The oven mitts are 1 inch long, ensuring protection to the forearms and wrists.
- Heat Resistant technology: These oven mitts are thick and have a resistance up to 500 degrees F which is sufficient to prevent any unwanted burns.
- The innovative hang ring design
- Versatile kitchen towels
- Anti-slip design
- More heat protection required
9. RED LMLDETA Oven Mitts
If we are looking for a pair of oven mitts which are useful and attractive, then this is the one to go for. These cooking mitts are sure to protect the family from unwanted burns or flames. It is both steam resistant and heat resistant, which means you are protected from hot utensils and scalding steam.
- Eco-friendly materials: The potholders are made of eco-friendly silicone material on the outside. They are highly comfortable as the inner lining is made of polyester-cotton material.
- Temperature Variation: Unlike other cooking gloves, this product protects us from both extreme heat and cold. The temperature variation of the mitt ranges from 500 degrees F to -50 degree F
- Slip protection: With 0.8mm height on the palm surface, teamed with the diamond texture pattern, it has an anti-slip grip. This gives it more stability and durability.
- TC Fabric for the inner lining
- Easy machine washable mitt
- Adequate length of mitt
- Fabric pattern not up to the mark
10. RED LMLDETA 550 degree Oven Mitts
The last product on the list is a pair of long-length mitts. These cooking gloves are popular and provide adequate safety to the users. The mitts are known to protect against high temperatures with its silicone material. With no-slip grip, the potholder ensures that there are no accidental pot or pan falls due to slippage.
- Resistant to heat: These oven mitts protect against temperatures which are as high as 550 degrees F. They also protect against extreme cold temperatures as well, going as low as -50 degree F
- Anti-slip design: The dot texture pattern gives these cooking gloves a better hold on the utensils and ensures an anti-slip grip.
- Fabric quotient: The mitts use quality silicone material for the outer layer to protect against heat and cold. For the inner layer, it uses recycled cotton filling along with terry fabric lining.
- Durable and sturdy grip
- Eco-friendly materials
- Food grade silicone material
Things To Consider Before Buying Oven Mitts
It is imperative to check the material of the oven mitts. These are made of different types of materials, which include Kevlar, silicone, cotton, and leather.
The most common material used for oven mitts is cotton. Cooking gloves made of cotton are known to be comfortable and come in attractive patterns. Moreover, these mitts are also less expensive but have the drawback of being less resistant to heat.
The next favored mitts are the ones made of silicone, mostly because they are waterproof and can be easily cleaned. Also, they provide a good grip, in most cases anti-slip grips. Kevlar and leather mitts are generally expensive but they are always an option.
Just like any other product, cooking gloves come in different shapes. The design and shape of the oven mitt will decide how much protection they will provide to the user. Initially, people used clothes to move hot pans, pots and other utensils but it did not protect the palms or hands.
Therefore, you need to choose the potholder that is specific to your needs. For example, if you want mobility with less restraint, then you should choose Five Fingered Oven Mitt.
Perhaps the most important aspect of the cooking gloves is how much heat they can resist. Therefore, you need to find the right material for the job. Silicone mitts are known for resisting heat to a great extent and are a good option at a competitive price.
Coverage is also an important aspect of selecting the right oven mitt. For someone who wants to use the gloves for ovens and grills, they will choose a mitt that is long and covers the forearms and wrist. On the other hand, people who intend on using them for a variety of purposes will try to go for a potholder which goes as far as the wrists, at least.
So, are you ready to invest in the best pair of oven mitts? Pick your best product now.