In today’s world, we all rely upon ‘quick fixes’ advertised by pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies for treatment options, when it comes to our health and beauty. But are these unnatural products, pills, creams, and lotions really the best way to handle things? Many of these products and pills may not even produce the desired effects and can also produce undesirable side effects!
For hundreds of thousands of years, Mother Nature has provided mankind with ingredients that are readily available and known to enhance health, beauty, and overall well-being.
Aloe vera and apple cider vinegar are two such ingredients that have been used for hundreds of years to cure digestive troubles and skin issues and even provide the body with an abundance of vitamins and minerals.
These natural ingredients heal wounds, detoxify the body, improve immunity, help prevent illness, disease, and degeneration, and also promote optimal health effectively, safely, and naturally.
In this guide, we will look at the benefits of using a combination of apple cider vinegar and aloe vera toner that can help reduce acne, eliminate skin irritations, fight the signs of premature aging, and also reverse the ill-effects of environmental pollutants, poor diet, and bad skin-care products.
Why use apple cider vinegar and aloe vera together?
Benefits of aloe vera
Egyptians called Aloe Vera as the plant of immortality and the plant of harmony. It is believed that Cleopatra used Aloe vera as a part of her daily beauty routine to keep her skin youthful and healthy. Queen Nefertiti also used aloe not just topically, but also internally to keep her digestion intact.
Egyptians used Aloe vera in their embalming process to preserve the body longer. They believed that the plant was given to them by the Gods themselves.
Today, aloe vera has been studied scientifically and its health and beauty effects are well-documented. Aloe vera is healing, soothing, and restorative and it is even known to have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties that are beneficial for the skin.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar toner boosts blood circulation to provide the skin with all the nutrients it needs. It gently peels off external dead skin to reveal glowing skin that is youthful and radiant.
ACV applied as a poultice to blisters, scrapes, and skin infections like ringworm, helps restore the skin back to its healthy condition.
ACV also heals the skin irritations and disinfects the skin to prevent secondary infections. This multi-tasking natural elixir can also be used for relieving hives, eczema, psoriasis, and shingles.
Read my article on ACV benefits for skin and hair to learn how to apply ACV for best results.
Benefits of combining aloe vera and apple cider vinegar
Both, aloe vera and apple cider vinegar, are anti-inflammatory and when combined they create nature’s most powerful, healing skin tonic.
Aloe is gentle, soothing, and healing, while apple cider vinegar is restorative, regenerative, and anti-inflammatory. Both ingredients can be used internally and/or topically for their combined healing action.
Here are the benefits of aloe vera and apple cider vinegar skin combination:
- By ingesting diluted apple cider vinegar and aloe vera juice regularly, you will experience many benefits that are reflected on the skin and the entire body.
- With daily topical use of ACV-aloe vera toner, your skin gets enhanced sun protection so it becomes brighter and more radiant.
- You can use aloe vera gel and ACV toner as a natural anti-aging skin serum. Aloe provides continuous hydration to the skin and prevents moisture loss. It also keeps the skin layers more elastic, supple, and radiant. ACV fights damage to the skin caused by environmental toxins and free radicals. ACV-Aloe toner helps fight blemishes, acne, age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines. It stimulates elastin and collagen layers to renew themselves to reveal youthful-looking skin.
- You can easily treat scrapes, abrasions, minor burns, cuts, bruises, nicks, and scratches faster with the healing and soothing mixture of aloe and apple cider vinegar. This solution prevents secondary infections and speeds up the skin’s natural healing processes.
- For shingles and herpes blisters, use the toner topically and also add it to the bathwater to soak in. The anti-viral properties of aloe and ACV fight the herpes virus and clear up the sores quickly.
- Use Aloe-ACV mixture on skin irritation, pain, and itchiness caused by poison ivy, allergens, insect bites, bee stings, and other skin problems. The natural anti-inflammatory compounds in aloe and ACV remove allergens and toxins from the skin to speed up healing. Aloe particularly soothes the skin and reduces pain and inflammation.
- Why use antibiotics to treat psoriasis, rosacea, and other skin infections? A combination of aloe gel and ACV contains all the healing and germ-fighting properties to fight these skin issues internally as well as topically.
With so many healing and skin-nourishing benefits, isn’t it time you start using apple cider vinegar-aloe vera toner? Here is an easy toner recipe for daily use:Print
Great for sensitive, inflamed, acne-prone skin.
- 1 cup organic aloe vera juice (you can make this at home by blending Aloe gel obtained from the Aloe vera leaf)
- 2–3 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass bottle with dropper or cap
- In the clean glass bottle, add the Aloe juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Shake well.
- Apply the toner to acne-prone areas using sterile cotton wool, post-cleansing.
With the wonderful apple cider vinegar and aloe vera toner recipe, you can improve the health of your skin in numerous ways. You will start noticing the results within days of use and the effects will only increase over the course of its use.
By applying aloe and ACV toner directly to the skin, the potent nutrients contained in both ingredients will readily penetrate the skin and provide it with numerous benefits. The result: your skin will be firmer, its tone will be improved and it will reduce blemishes.
When taken internally, a mixture of diluted aloe juice and apple cider vinegar will provide your skin with numerous skin-friendly vitamins that optimize digestion, promote self-healing, and boost blood circulation to indirectly benefit skin health.